Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, so it’s the perfect time to celebrate our loved ones and our love for ourselves in a special partner workout.
Now, your partner doesn’t have to be your life partner. This is a great workout for your best gym buddy, a good friend, or even your kids. And if you don’t have a partner in crime to do this fun AMRAP, modify the static hold to a limited time (30 seconds for instance)
Share the Love
14 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible in 14 minutes)
- Partner 1: 14 Frog Push-ups: Position yourself on all fours. Slightly lift your knees to hover above the ground. Using both your quads and your arms, push body back toward your toes (but remain stationary, feet and arms planted to the ground). When you can go back no further, swing slightly down toward the ground and cycle around back to your starting position. This exercise, while called a “push-up” will be felt in the quadriceps, not the arms.
- Partner 2: Hold a plank for the time it takes partner 1 to do 14 frog push-ups
- Switch so partner 2 is doing frog push-ups and partner 1 is doing the hold.
- 10 Hi-five Burpees: Face your partner and place your hands on the ground, step or jump back into a plank position. Rather than go into a push-up, hi-five your partner with each hand. Step or jump your feet back to a squat and jump up.
- Both partners completing the frog push-ups and planks, and completing 10 burpees is one round. Keep going and keep track of your completed rounds for 14 minutes.