My husband showed me this incredible documentary YouTube video about a man who ran a marathon in 24 hours. A different type of marathon, this was actually focused on how productive the man could be while running one mile every hour for 24 hours. He actually ran 3 miles the first hour, then set to do his “To-Do List” after completing a mile each hour.
Chris showed me this video because it was a creative way to get some exercise and be productive. And yes, to possibly influence me to try something like it.
I’m not challenging anyone to run a mile each hour for 24 hours. I believe we need our sleep WAY too much to do something like that. But I do want to challenge people who sit at a desk or at a computer all day for several hours. This workout will take place over the course of your work day, or about 8 hours. At the top of every hour, perform this baseline workout as outlined below. The baseline is a quick workout aimed to take 10 minutes or less, which gives you approximately 50 minutes to work on your productivity list each hour.
The trick is to be as productive as possible between each round. Create your productivity list and then cross out what you accomplish as you complete each task. See how much you can do in your day, while fitting in an extremely fun workout challenge.
- Run/row/elliptical 500 meters or stationary bike 1 mile
- 40 air/box squats– you can modify this movement to squat down onto a chair to decrease intensity
- 30 sit-ups
- 20 push-ups (modified however you need to)
- 10 burpees (modified however you need to)
Here is my potential To-Do list as an example:
- Write out remainder of month’s Healthy You, Healthy Earth videos
- Make menu and grocery list for next week
- Feed cats (1 pm, 4pm, and 7pm)
- Switch slides for new recipe and habit for Saturday’s presentation
- Work on Fantastic Beasts and How to Save Them slide presentation
- Work on Fandom Fitness slide presentation
- Cook dinner- Stuffed mushrooms and Portobello Bacon with Brussels Sprouts
- Finish reading Birds of a Feather
- Take a shower
- Take a nap
- Take some Fandom Fitness photos for book with Chris
- Write and film Hummingbird lesson
My Tuesday is broken up with a doctor’s appointment, but Wednesday looks clear so far after my dentist appointment in the morning. I look forward to letting everyone know how I did on my Productivity Workout Challenge.