I have news on the job front. Notice I didn’t say good or bad. Because I really don’t have any feelings about it after a day or two to let it sink in.
We will be moving to Portland on one income.
I’m not that upset that I didn’t get the job. Yes, it would be nice to have the added income. Yes, it would make it easier to land a full time gig. Yes, it would be great to get insurance.
But we are leaving Seattle to pursue new opportunities. And getting immediately back into the zoo keeping field isn’t pursuing anything new.
So what am I going to do with all this time?
- Get my personal training certification. Not to get a job as a personal trainer, but to really learn as much as I can about movements, strategies, and protecting injuries. And to have a certification to back me when I start my bootcamps at the Oregon Zoo.
- Write my cookbook. Because everyone I’ve shared the idea with has said it’s absolutely brilliant and I HAVE to do it!
- Develop EarthFit to its fullest potential
- Create, implement, and improve my and Chris’ fitness program. I’ll create workouts, make new equipment, and design programs for our healthy lifestyle
- Volunteer at Portland’s AAZK chapter
- Get more involved with Behavioral Husbandry Committee
So, as you can see, I’m going to have my hands full. Who needs a job with all these plans?