I was hoping to share some enormous news with everyone by now. Unfortunately, as life occurs, I’ve hit a small snag and will have to wait just a LITTLE bit longer to make it official.
Many of you know I’ve been working on my newest project, ZooFit Safari. It seems like I’ve been working on this project forever. Well, two years.
Join Me On a Safari for Your Health
This project is just an amazing experience to me. If you’ve ever wondered which diet, exercise program, or healthy habits will give you the most bang for your buck, this book is for you. I often tell people the best diet is the one they can sustain. The best workout style is the one they will do long-term, preferably the rest of their lives. If you want to discover which ones work best for you, take a Safari.
ZooFit Safari is divided into 5 separate weeks. Each week you explore new eating lifestyles, workouts, and healthy habits. YOU get to choose which ones are right for you. The best part about the adventure is that all our healthy choices are connected to conservation. And I show you exactly how.
Since we are in Plastic-Free July (for a couple more days, at least), let me share with you an example of what you can find on the ZooFit Safari. Week 4, Paleo week, delves into eating unprocessed and whole foods. I teach readers how to shop the perimeter of the store to get their food, and to avoid excessive plastic packaging. All the recipes for the week involve foods you can get without plastic. Some ingredients need extra effort to avoid plastic wrap, but they are all achievable.
We don’t just discuss eating and working out on the Safari. I give you tools to make all aspects of your health and well-being as green and sustainable as possible. For the ZooFit Safari’s Week 4, I teach you how to Green Your Hygiene, and avoid plastic in your bathroom, too.
To me, eating like a caveman means eating without plastic. Whether you are making a killer sweet snack or a delicious dinner, I give you all the tools you need for a perfect week. Try my most popular recipes for the week yourself, and let me know what you think.
4-6 servings 291 calories * Carbs: 12.7 g * Fat: 25.4 g * Protein: 7.2 g
- 1 cup nuts (almonds, hazelnut, walnuts, pecans)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure cocoa
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Place nuts in a food processor or ninja and grind to minced pieces
- Melt honey and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add cocoa and ground nuts, mixing everything together
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture onto parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until hardened, about 1-2 hours
2 servings 354 calories * Carbs: 35.9g * Fat: 10.3 g * Protein: 30.3 g
- 6 oz salmon fillet
- ½ tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- 1 tsp each thyme, rosemary, and sage
- ¼ tsp cayenne and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice and/or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- You choice of veggies: red onion, mushrooms, brussels sprouts, broccoli, squash, tomatoes, etc…
- Start broiler
- In a small bowl, mix onion powder, garlic, salt, rosemary, thyme, sage, and peppers. Set aside.
- Cut salmon fillets into 1-inch pieces, keeping skin on if desired (once blackened, it’s freaking delicious)
- Chop your veggies into 1-inch pieces. Combine with salmon and add spice mix. Add lemon/lime juices and olive oil.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes, pulling out halfway through to turn veggies and salmon.
ZooFit Safari will be available REALLY soon. Sign up for my newsletter to be one of the first to hear about its release, and even receive special deals throughout the year. Make Plastic-Free July a part of your healthy lifestyle, and let ZooFit help you discover what that is.
You have really done great job this month, keeping on topic. Keep on keeping on.